Do you need help?
Are you a family member or friend of someone who struggles with an eating disorder?
I believe in TOTAL recovery from eating disorders. I believe you can learn to trust yourself. I believe you can get through a day eating only when you’re hungry and stopping when you’re satisfied. I have worked with hundreds and hundreds of people who have come to feel better about their relationship to food, their body and themselves. It has truly been an honor to have the opportunity to accompany so many wonderful people into a better, happier life.
- Obsesses more than not about food, body, weight, etc.?
- Wants to get back to “normal” eating — eating when you’re hungry and stopping when you’re satisfied? You know, the kind of eating OTHER people do?
- Wants to help a friend or family member who struggles with an eating disorder?
- Help you recover from, or prevent you from tumbling further into an eating disorder.
- Guide and educate friends and family members as to how to help a loved one struggling with an eating disorder.
- Do all this on the phone or video chat in the comfort of your own surroundings.
“By the time I started seeing Lise for my eating disorder, I had been in and out of therapy for many years. I had never really connected to a therapist and I didn’t anticipate that it would be any different with her. I could not have been more wrong.”
Who I Help
My clients are adults and teenagers who (believe they) can not trust themselves in the realm of food and eating. They feel out of control, hopeless, ashamed. Many of these people have become more and more isolated, live more and more narrow lives and many become very unhappy if not seriously depressed.
For 30+ years I have worked with people trying to find normal in the realm of food and body image.
People who have tried dieting and find it does not work in the long run.
People who feel hopeless about living a life free from thinking about food when they’re not hungry.
People who want to learn to trust themselves.
Do you want to know what you can do? Do you need answers fast?
Do you need help communicating with other family members to negotiate what needs to be done?
Do you need help figuring out what to look for in a treatment facility?